Thursday, November 1, 2007

HW 27: Just Browsing

Riverbend, “Baghdad Burning: Girl Blog From Iraq”. New York, NY: The Feminist Press at the City University of New York, 2005.

In the book “Baghdad Burning: A Girl Blog From Iraq, the writer speaks about political issues, what daily life consists of during the war, as well as things that Americans do not know about what is going on in Iraq. The female writing these blogs goes by the name Riverbend while never revealing her real name. After skimming the introduction and the book I was able to get an idea of what I would learn through the book. By reading the book I feel that I will learn a great deal about what every day life is like on the war front. Not just the normal statistics and updates that the government gives us, but exactly what it is like first hand in Iraq. A woman in Riverbend’s position could really get into a lot of trouble. If the government in Iraq were to find out who she was releasing the types of information that she does, there could be serious harm done. Overall I am excited to read the book and try and put myself in the same position that Riverbend is.

No comments: