Tuesday, November 13, 2007

HW 28: Open Letter to Riverbend

Dear Riverbend,
It saddens me to hear the tragedies you are going through and cannot imagine going through it myself. Your home is longer what it used to be and is much different from the life you would like to have. As I am sure you know, Americans don’t get told about everything that goes on in Iraq. All we know is what they tell us on television and what the government actually decides to share with the country. I am please with reading your entries because they supply the real information about what is gong on and not the phony stuff the government likes to tell us. In my eyes people have mixed feelings about the war. While some want our country to fight they don’t want to risk the lives of many Americans to do so. I personally could never go through what the soldier who are in Iraq do whether it is Iraqi or American soldiers. The traumatizing events that occur and that these soldiers witness get embedded in their brains forever. After coming back from Iraq these soldiers may not sleep for days or even weeks and may not have normal habits forever. I feel terribly for all of the safety precautions you and your family have been forced to use throughout the war. I can imagine how scary it is for you to have to be in those kinds of positions. I understand how hard it must be for you to understand why families are getting split up and people are losing there jobs at the drop of a hat. Overall I think it is very helpful for Americans to read Baghdad Burning in order to get a better understanding of what life is like in war-thriving Iraq.

No comments: