Thursday, November 15, 2007

HW 31: Moja Moves Me

After reading the post “Turning Tables” by Riverbend in Baghdad Burning, I was interested in finding out more about the blog written by “Moja” a soldier fighting in Iraq. I finished reading and went online to see what I could find. The URL address for the blog “Turning Tables” is http://turningtables.blogspot.com. The blog is written by a soldier that is fighting in Iraq which kind of hit home for me. I have a good friend of mine who is actually in Iraq right now. It made me emotional since I never get to see him and actually missed my only chance to say goodbye to him before he left. After reading the blog entries by “Moja” I realized how hard life is for the soldiers over there and I felt horrible for my friend Kiowa. After reading the blog I was actually persuaded into finding an address for him and sending him out a letter te;ling him how much I care. It made me wonder if he is happy doing what he is doing or if he desperately wants to come home. Reading this blog gave me the idea that I could try and get Kiowa to keep a blog in order to keep all of his family and friends back here in the U.S. informed on how he is doing. I am hoping to hear back from him soon but will continue reading “Turning Tables” For quite some time.

No comments: