Tuesday, October 16, 2007

HW 18: My Least Favorite Blog Post

My least favorite blog post of the week was entitled “Even 95-pound Women Have Fat Parts They Want Lipo’ed. Like Toes!” I found this post on Jezebel, which I had found previously to be my favorite of the three blogs I am watching. The link to this post is http://jezebel.com/gossip/skinny%3F-suck-you/even-95+pound-women-have-fat-parts-they-want-lipoed-like-toes-311439.php. I was not truly fond of this post because I think that as it is skinny people already seem to pick out all of their flaws. It is unreasonable for a person who weighs only 95 pounds to go and get liposuction on their toes. Come on now, what is the point. Clearly enough if you weigh 85 pounds you are not overweight and have no reason to go and get liposuction. Within the post it speaks about a woman who was about to get engaged and knew her boyfriend was preparing to propose to her. Since she knew when he was going to propose she wanted to get liposuction to remove the small areas of fat around her hips. This astonished me. Why wouldn’t she just work out or get the dress she was going to wear fixed? I found this to be total nonsense and cannot fathom going and getting liposuction as opposed to trying to lose the weight first. This article just made me even more frustrated with the skinny people in the world who always try to pick out their flaws even if they don’t have any. Newsflash for all of the skinny people out there who think their fat: you don’t need to weigh 8o pounds or get liposuction to be attractive. If you are that worried about your figure then work out more and may off the surgery.

No comments: