Thursday, September 13, 2007

HW 5b: I Blog Therefore I Am

After reading “I Blog, Therefore I Am” written by David Kline I found it very had to disagree with much of what he wrote. Within the text Kline speaks of how blogging is very important and is becoming more common in society today. Kline claims that even though blogging is so popular it will not be the conclusion of mainstream media. I would argue with Kline in a way on this statement. I think that blogging will continue to play a large part in the media however; I question that it will overpower all other media at this point in time. Kline argues, “ Blogs are simply a continuation of a phenomenon.” (Kline pg 246) I do not believe that blogging will continue to have the heavy impact on society that is has up to this point. After a while the thrill will be no more and blogging will be just another way to communicate and not such a big deal.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

I get a little confused around the third sentence and on--the statement you question is that blogging will not be the end of mainstream media? From what you say after it seems like you're in agreement with Kline.